Eucalypt is the AAFGB bi-annual newsletter produced in May and November and is an important means by which the Association and its members keep in touch.
Eucalypt is also an excellent resource document providing news on the ideas, innovation, challenges, events, successes and failures of the members who contribute articles. Information from the Committee's activities, Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) and other matters of interest to Members are also included. Originally called Campsis, the newsletter was renamed in 2015 to correspond with the AAFBG's new name and logo.
Members are notified well in advance of each publication to prepare and forward their contributions. Photographs and information about important calendar events are also very welcome. Contributions are required by 30 March for the May issue and by 30 September for the November issue.
Members receive both an electronic and posted copy.
Eucalypt is currently produced by members of Friends of ANBG Canberra on behalf of the AAFBG Committee, with the distribution by the AAFBG administration.
Eucalypt articles are forwarded by email to or by post to Anne Rawson, Friends of ANBG, GPO Box 1777, Canberra ACT 2601.
Click on the item to view as a pdf (portable document file). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 52, May 2019 (PDF 20 pages)
In this issue
Eucalypt! Edition 52 of our newsletter.
Reports from the President Dennis Ayliffe, Secretary Elizabeth Gilfillan; and Admin Officer Ro Noone.
Catch up with news from Friends:
- AAFBG at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show
- Our Fabulous Singapore Gardens tour
- AGM 19 July 2019 hosted by Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens Limited
- AAFBG Biennial Conference, Brisbane QLD
- 16th Australasian Botanic Guides Conference 'Beauty rich & rare', 16 to 20 September 2019, Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth WA
- Ballarat Gardens' new Foundation
- Monkey Business at the Gardens, Friends of Bendigo Botanic Gardens VIC
- Celebrating special trees, Friends of Camperdown Botanical Gardens and Arboretum, Camperdown VIC
- Stegosaurus in the Cycads, Friends of Darwin Botanic Gardens, Darwin NT
- Music-making in Hamilton BG, Friends of Hamilton Botanic Gardens, Hamilton VIC
- Good relations with Council, Friends of Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens, Lismore NSW
- Botanic beauty promotes peace, Friends of Peacehaven Botanic Park, Highfield QLD
- Tour the world with Sydney Friends, Foundation and Friends of the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney NSW
- Introducing the Tasmanian Arboretum, Eugenana, TAS
- Paradise Lost - Daniel Solander's legacy
- Calendar of events 2019
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 52, May 2019 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 51, November 2018 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 50, May 2018 (pdf 24 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 49, November 2017 (pdf 19 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 48, April 2017 (pdf 17 pages)
Our archive of Campsis Newsletters from 2000 to 2016 is located here.