Eucalypt is the AAFGB bi-annual newsletter produced in May and November and is an important means by which the Association and its members keep in touch.
Eucalypt is also an excellent resource document providing news on the ideas, innovation, challenges, events, successes and failures of the members who contribute articles. Information from the Committee's activities, Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) and other matters of interest to Members are also included. Originally called Campsis, the newsletter was renamed in 2015 to correspond with the AAFBG's new name and logo.
Members are notified well in advance of each publication to prepare and forward their contributions. Photographs and information about important calendar events are also very welcome. Contributions are required by 30 March for the May issue and by 30 September for the November issue.
Members receive both an electronic and posted copy.
Eucalypt is currently produced by members of Friends of ANBG Canberra on behalf of the AAFBG Committee, with the distribution by the AAFBG administration.
Eucalypt articles are forwarded by email to or by post to Anne Rawson, Friends of ANBG, GPO Box 1777, Canberra ACT 2601.
Click on the item to view as a pdf (portable document file). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 56, May 2021 (PDF)
In this issue
Eucalypt! Edition 56 of our newsletter.
Reports from the President Wayne Harvey, Secretary Elizabeth Gilfillan; and Admin Officer Chantal de Vere.
Catch up with news from Friends:
- Botanical Tour of Tasmania, page 1
- Report from the Past President, Wayne Harvey, page 3
- Financial Statements, page 4
- Report from the Acting Secretary, Elizabeth Gilfillan, page 5
- Administration Officer's Report, Chantal de vere, page 6
- Report of AGM, page 7
- Recipients of 2021 Handbury Awards, page 10
- A Haven of Butterflies, Friends of Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Gardens, page 12
- A Delay at Thurston Gardens in Fiji, page 13
- A beautiful suburban garden, Friends of Stony Range Botanic Garden, page 14
- Thriving Together, Resilience and Renewal in a changing world, AAFBG 2022, Friends of Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden, page 15
- RBGE adapts to COVID-19, page 16
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 56, May 2021 (pdf)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 55, November 2020 (pdf)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 54, May 2020 (pdf 19 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 53, November 2019 (pdf 16 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 52, May 2019 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 51, November 2018 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 50, May 2018 (pdf 24 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 49, November 2017 (pdf 19 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 48, April 2017 (pdf 17 pages)
Our archive of Campsis Newsletters from 2000 to 2016 is located here.