The Australian Association of Friends of Botanic Gardens (AAFBG) is a national network providing a forum for communication, information and promotion between it’s members, related botanic gardens groups and the community.
- Encourages and supports the growth of societies or associations interested in the conservation, development, well-being and public appreciation of Botanic Gardens;
- Represents the interests of Friends of Botanic Gardens in Australia and New Zealand.
To support the purposes the association will endevour to:
- Promote membership of the Association.
- Facilitate communication, advocacy, information exchange and sharing of experience.
- Maintain a website for the benefit of members and other community groups.
- Publish and disseminate among members and the community newsletters or other publications relating to the activities of the Association.
- Identify potential funding opportunities for members.
- Encourage members’ involvement in the Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) regional events and other related seminars and conferences.
- Build and maintain links with the national body representing Botanic Gardens.
- Co-ordinate national conferences or arrange seminars, forums or any other events that may be desirable for the promotion of the purposes.
- Appoint, employ, or pay honoraria to persons as may be necessary or convenient for the purposes of the Association.
- Do such other things as are conducive to or incidental to the attainment of the objects set out above.
A Not For Profit Incorporated Association with a Committee of Management (COM) made up of representatives nominated from and by the Members.
A contracted Administration Officer responsible to the COM Executive manages the general operations and communication with members.
The AAFBG is an Associate Member of Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) a parallel gardens managment network.
Download pdf of our Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between BGANZ and AAFBG here.
RULES OF AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATION OF BOTANIC GARDENS INC.
Based on Consumer Affairs Victoria Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012. MODEL RULES for an Incorporated Association, Associations Incorporation Reform Regulations 2012. Download pdf of Rules of Australian Association of Botanic Gardens Inc. here. Download pdf of Pending AAFBG Rules Changes May 2017 here.
The Association national conference is held biennially in a different location hosted by the local Friends group.
The conferences are well supported, bringing together Friends from all states, promoting the host garden and providing useful information through presentations, field trips and networking.
The Association invites all our members and their guests to the Biennial Conference.