Eucalypt is the AAFGB bi-annual newsletter produced in May and November and is an important means by which the Association and its members keep in touch.
Eucalypt is also an excellent resource document providing news on the ideas, innovation, challenges, events, successes and failures of the members who contribute articles. Information from the Committee's activities, Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) and other matters of interest to Members are also included. Originally called Campsis, the newsletter was renamed in 2015 to correspond with the AAFBG's new name and logo.
Members are notified well in advance of each publication to prepare and forward their contributions. Photographs and information about important calendar events are also very welcome. Contributions are required by 30 March for the May issue and by 30 September for the November issue.
Members receive both an electronic and posted copy.
Eucalypt is currently produced by members of Friends of ANBG Canberra on behalf of the AAFBG Committee, with the distribution by the AAFBG administration.
Eucalypt articles are forwarded by email to or by post to Anne Rawson, Friends of ANBG, GPO Box 1777, Canberra ACT 2601.
Click on the item to view as a pdf (portable document file). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 48, April 2017 (PDF 17 pages)
In this issue
Eucalypt! Edition 48 of our newsletter.
Reports from the President Dennis Ayliffe, Secretary Elizabeth Gilfillan; and Admin Officer Lisa Tuck.
Catch up with news from Friends:
- 2017 Annual General Meeting to be held at the Australian National Botanic Gardens in Canberra May 20 & 21.
- AAFBG new responsive website.
- Birds and butterflies, Friends of the Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden, SA.
- Taling about guiding in Gardens, Friends of the Australian National Botanic Gardens, ACT.
- 90,000 at WOMAD, Friends of the Botanic Gardens of Adelaide, SA.
- Low Tech propagation, Friends of the Melton Botanic Garden, VIC.
- Making Room for Friends, Friends of the National Arboretum Canberra, ACT.
- STEP in the National Arboretum, Friends of the Southern Tablelands Ecosystems Park within the National Arboretum Canberra, ACT.
- Summer soiree celebration, Friends of Orange Botanic Gardens, NSW.
- Rare plants, eNEWS, painting and photos, Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, VIC.
- Garden Design Series, Foundation & Friends of the Botanic Gardens Sydney, NSW.
- 150 years - a growing legacy, Friends of the Warrnambool Botanic Gardens, VIC.
- Calendar of events 2017.
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 48, April 2017 (pdf 17 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 47, November 2016 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 46, May 2016 (PDF 28 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 45, November 2015 (PDF, 29 pages)
Campsis Newsletter No. 44, May 2015 (PDF 1377K 28 pages)
Campsis Newsletter No. 43, November 2014 (PDF 1162K 26 pages)
Campsis Newsletter No. 42, May 2014 (PDF 1780K 25 pages)
Our archive of Campsis Newsletters from 2000 to 2015 is located here.