Thriving Together - Resilience and Renewal in a Changing World
29 April to 1 May 2022
2022 AAFBG Members' Biennial Conference
Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Gardens, Batemans Bay NSW
AAFBG 2022 EUROBODALLA CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Keynote Speaker: Professor Tim Entwisle, Director and Chief Executive, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria. Along with his previous appointments Tim has a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are thrilled to have him as our keynote speaker. He will join us for the whole day on Saturday, including Dinner.
- Friday Twilight Welcome Drinks at the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden (ERBG), 4-6pm. Take the opportunity to catch up with old friends, make new friends, and meet your hosts, the Friends of ERBG. A Mayoral welcome, and presentation of the 2022 Handbury Awards by AAFBG Patron Philip Moors AO will complete the evening. Partners are welcome to join this event at a cost of $25.
- RBG Sydney Community Greening Team
People Plants Places: broadening our reach in our communities. The team will stay with us for the whole weekend.
- ERBG Garden Manager, Michael Anlezark. Leading us through multi-million-dollar projects, fire- and flood-recovery and COVID, he is well-placed to speak on the theme of “Thriving Together”
- How to be Better Friends & Community Partnerships
To answer the questions you have. Presented. by a number of Friends’ Groups and local leaders and organisations, these practical sessions will showcase tips and strategies for creating better outcomes.
- Conference Dinner will be held on Saturday night and include a Special Trivia Quiz. A two-course meal plus drinks at a cost of $75 will be held at the Soldiers Club, Batemans Bay. Partners are very welcome to enjoy the fun of the night if they also wish to attend - $75.
- Breakfast in our Garden, Sunday morning and catered by our very own Friends of ERBG. An ideal way to experience the gardens in the calm of the morning when birds and animals are abundant. Breakfast is included in the registration fee. Partners are also welcome to enjoy Breakfast in our Garden - $15.
2022 THRIVING TOGETHER PROGRAM
OPTIONAL POST CONFERENCE TOURS
Monday, 2nd May 2022
Post conference tours are open to delegates, and their partners.
- Horse Island, the private retreat of Christina and Trevor Kennedy, tucked away in the estuary of Tuross Lake. To the west, the Great Dividing Range and to the east, the South Pacific. Christina has created a stunning garden of predominantly Australian native plants that complement the beauty of the surrounding landscape, the homestead and cottages. What has been created is a truly impressive achievement and your visit to Horse Island will undoubtedly be a highlight of your time in the Eurobodalla.
We are grateful to Christina for inviting us to visit this private garden. We travel by coach from and to the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden. A good level of mobility is required for this tour. Morning tea is included. Early booking is essential as numbers are strictly limited. A review of Horse Island by Landscape Australia can be found at: https://landscapeaustralia.com/articles/horse-island-a-garden-of-grandeur
The day continues back at the Garden with:
- Behind the scenes at our Garden. This tour will commence with lunch in the Garden followed by a guided walk around our Nursery and Propagation area, the heritage listed Wallace Herbarium, the Seed Bank, the new Naturescape Display Gardens and our Visitor Centre. A good level of mobility will ensure you get the most from this tour. You will have the opportunity to get “up close and personal” with the staff, Friends and volunteers, and find what makes the partnership so successful. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions about the successful collaboration between Friends and Council that’s resulted in securing and spending over $3.5m of grants and contributions over the last 4 years.
Full day: Horse Island, Lunch and Behind the Scenes, $80.
Part Day: Lunch and Behind the Scenes, $30.
Please follow this link to view the Conference Presentations and related information.
Google Drive Link